CDS Superstores International - Product Technical Manager CV Example
Love This CV?Build Your Own Now
808 Sample Street, Plymouth, Devon
- Home: 800-652-8430
A hard working individual with a track record of independently managing multiple projects and teams to achieve group targets. Motivated by delivering quality objectives and successful projects. A Quality Manager with a strong manufacturing & operations management background with cross functional expertise in retail compliance, quality systems, factory management and manufacturing processes. Over 20 years' experience of varying product categories and quality management systems have provided a practical understanding of products, documented processes, workflows and problem solving. A calm methodical approach to achieving objectives, combined with strong practical and lateral analytical skills.
Product Technical Manager, 05/2010 to 10/2017 CDS Superstores International
- Leads technical and QA functions for domestic & imported products across many thousands of Hard & Softlines merchandised in over 150 stores and through its growing on-line presence.
- Directed improvements in product specification, safety, quality, and cost efficiency in outsourcing testing and inspection as the company grew from 20 to 150+ stores.
- Developed supplier own QC inspection procedures and help sheets for factories not used to UK requirements.
- Works on a daily basis with off-shore factories and distributors to improve product build, labelling, packaging and instruction manuals and test requirements across multiple portfolios.
- Completes and records all regulatory documentation with a high degree of accuracy across multiple product lines including Textiles, Toys, DIY, Homewares, Technology, Gifting, Gallery Arts & Crafts and Pets.
- Meets aggressive fast moving compliance needs for purchasing and retail goals while minimising communication & shipment delays.
- Manages imported product specifications at quotation stage to guarantee compliance with internal quality policies, procedures and systems.
- Manages safety and quality issues and initiates remedial & root cause actions promptly.
- Established complaints fault coding, 8D & FMEA problem solving approach in dealing with customer service, trading standards and other legal representative enquiries.
- Instigated audit, DU PRO and Pre-shipment Inspection and social compliance processes for off shore suppliers mainly focussing on China, using global supply partners and individual local representatives and to a lesser extent in India and Malaysia Established training programs for buying personnel.
- Completes and maintains accurate and organised technical manuals & compliance records, documents and reports.
- Instigated use of off site cloud hosted electronic technical document file storage for compliance needs.
- Collates and shares up-to-date knowledge and information with internal customers about UK & European regulations, British & EN , ISO standards & best practices.
- Sole responsibility inspection and test programmes, budgets and accounts, signing of DoC & all legal requirements within the company in relation to the Cosmetic, LVD, Machine, RoHS and REACH Directives and associated CE marking requirements.
- Established control measures between shipping and buying to ensure products receive appropriate sign off prior to shipping, Able to deal with the differing requirements of buyers, marketing, shipping, customer services, Trading Standards, IP lawyers, & suppliers.
- Introduced and manages ETI based code social compliance auditing through BSCI, SEDEX and SA 8000 bodies.
- Set up and maintains compliance procedure for EUTR , CITES and phytosanitary requirements.
- A background in electro mechanical engineering has provided knowledge and understanding of specifications, basic patents technical drawings, critical components, bills of materials, soldering , wire termination and injection moulding.
Manufacturing Operations Manager, 03/2007 to 05/2010 Balfour Beatty － Barnstaple, England
- Successfully managed all production activities at North Devon manufacturing site to enable orders to ship on time to numerous UK construction sites and projects.
- Implemented Lean Tools & ideas for quality improvement including FMEA, 6S along with SOP & GMP, to increase productivity and cost reduction.
- Trained, coached and mentored staff to ensure the smooth transition of new construction programmes.
- Worked directly with departments, clients and directors to achieve program delivery on 9 key construction programmes manufacturing bespoke electrical and mechanical systems & products.
- Implemented programs to increase employee loyalty and minimise staff turnover through external training.
- Responsible for setting up facilities and management of all site operations including CAD, logistics, procurement & QHSE.
- Responsible for plant procurement, material planning and subcontractor activities.
- Ensured operatives adhered to safe zero harm working practices and ensured all staff operated in a profitable & productive Established tool & document registers, TPM & calibration procedures.
Works Manager & Quality Manger, 02/1998 to 03/2007 ACT Ltd － Devon
- A sub contract electronic and electro mechanical SME specialising in assemblies for transport, medical, power, MOD, security & civil applications Reporting to MD & responsible for all day to day operations from quotation through sequencing and planning of production to despatch of products.
- Responsible for 75 permanent & agency staff Administered and developed company QA procedures and achieved and maintained ISO 9001:2000 registration.
- Instigated the IIP program and use of local disability and local employment back to work schemes.
- Established & managed Through hole and Surface Mount facilities and instigated the change to lead free soldering.
- Introduced continuous improvement philosophies and conducted audits and customer / supplier reviews.
- Responsible for identification of improvements in materials handling, assembly methodologies and procurement of production equipment.
Quality Manager, 01/1995 to 02/1998 European Foods Ltd － Bideford, England
- Championed quality initiatives.
- Managed documentation of and training on production procedures and work instructions.
- Verified that all process control parameters were being documented and followed at all times.
- Wrote & implemented HACCP and oversaw process changes across the manufacturing portfolio Recommended and executed quality improvements for production and product quality.
- Completed post graduate Diploma in Total Quality Managment.
- Established in house laboratory and CoSHH stores Responsible for prototyping development and marketing of new products Retained as a consultant maintaining HACCP systems and QA activities & training after leaving and joining ACT Prior to 1993 I worked 2yrs for North Devon Meats & Harris Meats - in Torrington & Barnstaple, Devon.
- Before relocating to Devon employed by archaeological bodies such as the Dyfed Archaeological Trust and CADW -the Welsh Office department for archaeology as a sites & monuments record officer dealing with local authority planning approvals and historic site investigations.
- I was seconded to the Pembrokeshire National Park to undertake analysis of aerial photography, excavations and potentially undiscovered archaeological sites in the county.
Education and Training
Post Graduate Diploma: Total Quality Management, 2018 Risk Assessment & Managing Safety Target to become member of the Chartered Quality Institute at MCCI level Total Quality Management
BA: Arts Open University Arts
HND Archaeology Dorset Institute
approach, Arts, agency, basic, budgets, CAD, calibration, compliance auditing, consultant, continuous improvement, cost reduction, clients, customer services, customer service, delivery, documentation, ETI, fast, GMP, Inspection, instruction, IP, ISO, ISO 9001, legal, logistics, Managment, marketing, materials, mechanical, mechanical engineering, Office, 2000, Works, MOD, new construction, packaging, personnel, photography, policies, problem solving, process control, processes, procurement, improve product, coding, prototyping, purchasing, Quality, quality improvement, QA, Reporting, retail, safety, shipping, soldering, SOP, specification, technical manuals, training programs